An easy, tasty and healthy way to eat Kale.
Combining various cooking styles is fun and worthwhile. In this case, we have combined elements of Chinese and Arabic cooking with Italian. The blend of herbs and tastes will blow your herbivorial mind!
This recipe is an easy one to prepare and one that the kids will love. Anyone who eats this vegetarian beauty is bound to feel content. Even the toughest critics will be able to enjoy this due to the flavours and ability to combine textures.
- 1 x tablespoon of Green Onion, chopped
- 1 x tablespoon of Garlic, chopped
- 1 x teaspoon of Italian parsley
- 4 x teaspoons of Peanut Oil
- 2 x teaspoons of Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 2 x teaspoons of Fish Sauce (Thai)
- 10 x pieces of Roti Bread
- 8-10 pieces of Broccolini
- 1 x Antipasto Mix with Olives, Sun-dried Tomato and Artichoke.
- 300 grams of Kale
- Chopped Pistachio Nuts
- 2 x teaspoons of Olive Oil
- 1 x tablespoon of Chives, chopped
- Paprika, pinch
- Nutmeg, pinch
- Trail Mix / “Gorp” Mix
- Preheat oven to 220ºC/ 428ºF.
- Blanch the Kale that has been stripped from its stems in boiling water for 1 minute. This is really just to remove any residue from being grown (pesticides and herbicides).
- Chop your Pistachios, Chives, Garlic and Green Onions finely. We use the white bulb of the onion as its a bit stronger but this is up to you.
- Fry and brown the Chives, Garlic and Green Onions in two teaspoons of Peanut Oil. Season with salt and pepper. Don’t overcook. Leave to dry.
- With two teaspoons of Peanut Oil, douse the kale and pat dry with paper towels. Lay out on baking paper and sprinkle the seasoning prepared earlier (see very top image).
- Place Kale into oven and turn oven down to 180ºC/ 360ºF. Bake until dry/ brown/ crisp. This shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
- In a hot frying pan, place some Peanut Oil, and heat. Broccolini is prepared and placed in once heated. Splash some Soy Sauce and Fish Sauce and flash fry. Stems should still be ‘snappy’ not ‘soggy’. Char on all sides.
- Either using store bought Hummus or homemade, combine two teaspoons of Olive Oil with nutmeg and paprika. Place oil mix over hummus and sprinkle Pistachios Nuts on top.
- Serve with Antipasto, Roti and all the rest. Combine, roll up and enjoy.
- Eat with smile on your face!